Sunday, May 2, 2010

So...

I just rediscovered my blog... I can't believe I forgot about it for almost a year. At the beginning there, I was so... How to phrase this... Stereotypically Midwestern. All I did was complain about wanting to "escape". Really, it's not that bad here. As much as I truly do want to get out and go somewhere else, I'm honestly deeply attached to my hometown. Just... the way it is. The way everything looks on a sunny Summer day... The way it feels on a perfect Summer night. The people I've always known, the places I played, the memories of childhood forever etched in my mind. I'll leave someday, and I'll be happy, but I'll never forget what it was like to live here, now. I'll come back, too. Some people my age seem so anxious to get out of here that they forget their roots. I've realized that I never can. My whole life to this point has been here, and it's been truly great. As much as people, myself included, give this place a hard time, I love Maumee, Ohio, and always will. Last night was fantastic... I don't think I'll forget it.

Until next time,
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment